With the Ryder Cup kicking off, here’s my attempt to link energy to the Ryder Cup in ten tenuous tidbits:
1) Utility – both a company who provides energy, and a golf club for any occasion.
2) Green – the dance-floor aka the putting surface. Oh, and the future of energy!
3) Jigger – an old-school golf club for chip-shots, and a device by which coal is cleaned by water.
4) El Niño - a climate pattern which has a big influence on the frequency of hurricanes, and the nickname of vice-captain Sergio Garcia.
5) Coal – Wales, the venue for the latest Ryder Cup is most famous for rugby, sheep, and coal-mining.
6) Ian Poulter – a livewire on the US circuit.
7) Louisville, Ky - hosts both one of the finest Ryder Cup venues and one of the finest Energy Consultants!
8) Sustainability – 90% of materials arriving at the Ryder Cup site will be reused or recycled, and the Tented Village will be entirely powered by recycled vegetable oil.
9) Power – Dustin Johnson is your man; the longest driver in this Ryder Cup.
10) Energy - though it pains a European to say this, the deciding factor of this Ryder Cup may be the terrific energy of captain Corey ‘Bulldog’ Pavin.
Whatever the result, enjoy your Ryder Cup!